This year Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow! Do you know what that means? That's right, and early spring. In the real estate market that is big news! Whether you are in the market to buy or in the market to sell, the Spring season is the 'hot' time for real estate.
If you are planning on putting your house on the market this Spring, there a few tips that you may want to consider.
Wash your windows inside and out
1. The snow and rain from the winter months can put quite a beating on your windows. Keep them sparkling, as it gives the potential home buyer the ability to see clearly the view outside your windows and the sun shining inside.
Rake up those dead winter leaves
2. Cleaning up the dead leaves and keep the bushes trimmed back, this makes a huge difference to the potential buyer. These two simple things will also help with letting the sun shine through the windows and giving the home a nice manicured look from the exterior.
Flowers, flowers and more flowers
3. The colors most seen during the winter is gray and white. Create some vibrant Spring colors in and around your house. Some say that Yellow tulips and daffodils can induce feelings of happiness and contentment. Arrange containers in groups of three or five near the entrance of the home. Set out some nice smelling vases of flowers in the kitchen and bathroom of the house. Remind your guests that Spring is in the air.
Spruce up the entrance
4. As we know "Spring flowers bring May showers". Add a nice outside mat in front of the entrance of the home and place an umbrella stand next to it. This gives your guesta place to wipe their feet before entering the house and nice place to stash their umbrella.
5. Fill the kitchen sink with ice and chill bottled water for guests. Print out labels on your computer that have your phone number and a picture of your home and stick them on the bottled water.
Home buyers look at plenty of homes before purchasing the 'right one'. Make yours memorable.